D-Race instruments are used to remove most of the old root-filling material, such as Gutta Percha, obturators or resin-based material, from the canals.
The D-Race set consists of two NiTi files – DR1 and DR2. The first instrument, DR1, has an active tip for handling the root-filling material and is used in the first millimetres of the coronal and straight part of the canal.
Once access is cleared with the DR1, the second instrument, DR2, is used to reach the WL. As this work puts a lot of strain on the instrument, it is intended for single use. Shaping will be carried out using dedicated FKG instruments.
- 2 instruments: DR1 30/.10, DR2 25/.04
- Lengths: DR1 15 mm, DR2 25 mm
- Speed: DR1 1000 rpm, DR2 600 rpm
- Torque: 1.5 Ncm
- DR2: single use
- D-Race will desobturate most canals, whatever the filling used – gutta-percha, carriers, paste, resin-based materials
- D-Race removes a large part of the ancient filling material. With only 2 instruments time is saved and safety of treatment is increased. Once desobturated, the canal will be retreated
WHY DO YOU NEED D-RACE ONLY?
"Desobturation" prior to "retreatment": because access must be made, the entrance of the canal "desobturated" to reach inside the canal itself so that it could be properly retreated. Retreatment must be achieved because the first RCT failed or needs improvement.